Updated: April 1, 2020
Dear PBCGA Community:
With the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) in Florida, we want to assure everyone that the health and safety of all our members is our number-one priority. We have decided to reschedule the Golf Association’s March and April events. Currently our May – October competitions and championships are still on as scheduled. We’ve been working to obtain as much accurate information as we can. Based on what we’ve learned we believe it is important to be proactive in preventing the spread of this dangerous virus. As each one of our events are conducted at a different club, we are in communication with each facility on an individual basis. Each host club has put into place their guidelines and we are ensured that extra precautions are being taken in all areas of the facilities, inclusive of sanitizing the steering wheels of the golf carts after each round. The Palm Beach County Golf Association is taking a proactive approach and have focused on working directly with our host facilities to ensure their current preventative measures are in place.
We respectfully ask our members for your cooperation with the following:
- In order to try and keep everyone safe, we have suspended handshakes, and hugs during this time period. We hope a warm verbal exchange, or wave, will be a welcomed acknowledgement.
- Wash your hands and when outdoors, utilize hand sanitizer
- Also sanitize objects (i.e. personal equipment etc.)
- We ask that if you have been traveling, you follow CDC protocol, and inform us if you are not feeling well. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you refrain from taking part in the event.
Resources for you to monitor updates on the spread of COVID-19, symptoms, and preventative steps are linked below:
We will update everyone as this process continues with any changes to events or day to day activity.